Thursday 1 March 2012

Rendering Times

So today I have been rendering a still image in Cinema 4d, so far 7 hours and 16 minutes. I'm starting to get frustrated with the epic power of my pc.



Last night I started to render the clip, it took 2 hours to get to the face on that elf and I noticed a problem. So had to stop it and fixed it this morning. Not expecting it to take this long I set it going and figured id spend the evening on wow or something. But no, its still here rendering.

The biggest problem is my PC is getting on to be 5 years old now, and it doesn't like the 2 main things present in this still. 1. Global Illumination 2. A massive Tree.

If I had the money I'd upgrade heavily, but I just don't. I like making these Warcraft scenes for friends in Wow, but as I get better at creating them, my pc gets worse at rendering them. My first scene took 10 minutes, my recent one took 5 hours. This ones 7 hours and still going... Maybe I need a better render engine, but what do I go for? What's faster and better looking for c4d?

If anyone has any suggestions I'd be glad to hear it.

Stay Frosty
-Professor Clutch

Update: 21:42 almost half way, xfire crashed in the night and hugged 50% of the cpu great...
Update2: Finished total time 26 hours 10 minutes 51 seconds
http://clutch26.deviantart.com/art/Camp-Fire-288150614

No comments:

Post a Comment